North-West Technology Transfer Center (NWTTC) is established for whole cycle services realization aimed at structuring and commercialization of innovative projects in the area of nanotechnologies and infrastructure support of its transfer to industry and market.
NWTTC LLC founders are The Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs of RUSNANO, Leningrad region Government, Project Nanotechnology Center (PRONANO) LLC.
The key tasks of NWTTC are:
Assistance of scientific organizations, companies and enterprises of the region in solving the following problems:
- search of partners for technological cooperation in Russia and abroad;
- engineering developments preparation for the sale;
- investment projects “packing” for creation of technology companies financing and providing the above mentioned companies by necessary equipment on lease basis.
The key functions of NWTTC are:
- carrying out innovative projects expert examination, monitoring and choice realization of nanotechnologies for commercialization;
- forming financial and organization instruments contributing to efficient realization;
- carrying out ordered design and development work for new technologies, engineerings, samples update with account of market demands (creation of the market oriented production pieces);
- commercialization of R&D results;
- infrastructure and equipment support of smaller nanotechnology companies;
- patent cover and license support, intellectual property rights protection;
- personnel training and retraining for science intensive business with nanotechnologies application on the basis of market demands;
- assistance of educational activities, participation in regional educational programs.
The main business directions of NWTTC are:
- medical sensors;
- intelligent transport systems;
- monitoring of buildings.
Industrial park construction (the group of buildings in Gatchina - a town which is located in the Leningrad Region) is planned in the network of the NWTTC project.